Our client is European ReInsurance Group head quartered in Singapore for it's SEA business.
We are recruiting for a Senior Pricing Actuary in their Health team.
- Ensuring the delivery of consistently high-quality and client centric quotation process for the SEA markets
- Supporting the business development and product development activities in the region
- Driving innovation in operational process and customer solutions by engaging in strategic projects with our clients
- Managing production of rates, peer review the output of pricing actuaries
- Developing pricing bases and pricing guidelines for key risks
- Analyzing client experience for tenders and own experience for management information.
- Running research as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Ownership of pricing process for at least one key SEA market, but with significant exposure to many other markets
- Supporting Head of Pricing on various tasks, including training and guidance of other team members
- Supporting Business Development client delivery and communication
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage quotation production, ensuring accurate rates produced within specified timeframes
- Ensure comprehensive documentation produced to support quotes
- Challenge existing thinking and manage change for the team
- Ensure pricing basis are updated in line with accumulated experience and other sources of data
- Show excellence in technical skills and process management
- Mentor and professionally help grow younger team members
- Supporting Client managers during market visits by bringing technical expertise
- Develop relationships and provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally to deliver the company's brand/plans
- Business travel 4-6 times per year
- Min 5 years' experience in a Pricing or Valuation function in the Health or Life insurance industry. Reinsurance experience/knowledge is preferred but not required.
- Experience or working both within a team (multicultural) and as a self-motivated individual
- Protection Pricing experience, ideally in Life reinsurance, is a plus
- Experience of mortality/morbidity (PA, CI, Health) analysis
- Knowledge of South Asia protection market
- Knowledge of SAS/Python/R data tools or other equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or related field
- Qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FSA) or other recognized Actuarial body. More than 2 years post-qualified experience is preferred.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.