Argyll Scott is helping the client looking for Quantitative Researcher Senior Manager. This role will responsible for conduct research on financial markets and develop predictive trading models using statistical and machine learning techniques on large datasets.
- Quantitative Researchers collaborate extensively with engineering and trading teams to build platforms for testing, deploying, and optimizing trading and execution algorithms
- Extract predictive signals from various financial market data using mathematical and machine learning methods.
- Research, develop, and deploy trading models by analyzing daily and intraday market data and brainstorming ideas with traders
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling techniques to continuously optimize the performance of trading strategies, risk management, and order execution
- Create tools and libraries to explore and visualize datasets and enable the ideation of new predictive features.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop, test, and enhance backtesting and trading platforms
- Advanced knowledge of one or more specialized areas in applied mathematics and machine learning (e.g. deep learning, signal processing, time-series analysis, reinforcement learning, convex optimization, stochastic processes)
- Experience working with large datasets in finance or other application domains
- Work with engineering teams to collect, pre-process, and analyze both structured and unstructured financial market data, such as order book, price/volume, news articles, analyst commentary, social sentiment, etc
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD from top-tier universities in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong quantitative foundation, including mathematical modeling and statistics
- Competency in Python or C++
- Have a research mindset: ability to think independently and creatively approach complex problems
- Possess a strong interest in learning about financial markets; prior finance experience is not required
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and a desire to work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Good communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas in simple terms
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.