Our client is a key player in the local general insurance market. Their products are including Property, Casualty, Fire, Marine, Liability, Financial Lines and Group Personal Accident insurance for corporate clients. They are now looking for "Head of Operations" to mainly support in Customer service and Business Improvement areas.
- Responsible for day to day customer service (across segments and lines of business), the provision of effective operational support to the business, and the pursuit of continuous business improvement.
- Coordination with Region / Group design principles and the robust tracking of KPI's/ SLA's and delivery of project outcomes/benefits are of key importance.
- Oversee customer service team by leading all operations staff to a deeper understanding of the nexus between proactive customer service, productivity and efficiency.
- Engage in continuing and proactive dialogue with customers to understand their current needs and anticipate their future requirements.
- Lead operations staff through exemplary behaviour and frequent communication on the importance of service and the link between our commitment to our business partners, insureds and internal customers.
- Ensure staffing requirements are appropriate and in synch with the business direction of each department, whilst ensuring that service standards are not compromised.
- Support overall data quality and data integrity across the business, including defining the criteria for current and future systems data cleanses.
- Oversee premises management and office equipment management.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in financial services, preferably general insurance with a background in underwriting and operations.
- Experience as a Consultant for insurance business would be advantage.
- Experience in running customer facing operations (ideally multi-site) across broad customer segments and via a range of channels (including telephony).
- Experience in Process Improvement / Business Transformation (e.g. Lean / Six-Sigma) within Financial Services (ideally insurance) and can demonstrate the delivery of tangible business benefits / savings.
- Consulting background (external or internal) desirable, but not essential.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and ability to network across stakeholders to get things done.
- Demonstrate a collaborative management style and an understanding of organisational relationships and effective interaction styles.
- Knowledge / experience of the insurance lifecycle from sales and underwriting, fulfilment and back end processing, to finance and claims.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.