Argyll Scott is partnering with a leading insurance company to look for a new head of legal and compliance to join the fast-growing business.
- Provide legal advice to the insurance business unit in Hong Kong and Asian operations
- Implement effective policies and procedures to ensure that advice is provided cost effectively and in a manner aligned to the needs of the business
- Implement effective policies and procedures that ensure that legal risks are managed appropriately in Hong Kong and Asia
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers, providers and business partners as required ensuring that the best terms and other objectives of the business are achieve
- Manage and negotiate strategic projects including internal governance requirements
- Manage contentious or litigious matters and legal proceedings to ensure that such matters are appropriately prosecuted or defended
- Ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for ensuring that the business has adequate advance notice of changes in applicable law and to assist the business in understanding the commercial implications of such changes
- Minimum 10 years PQE (qualified in Hong Kong or comparable common law jurisdiction), and at least 3 years in-house and insurance experience, preferably trained at a magic circle or top-tier law firm；
- Fluency in spoken and written English, excellent command of Mandarin and Cantonese will be advantage； Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills；
- Proactive approach and able to handle matters independently；
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
Please apply or reach out to Karen Yung: kyung <@> argyllscott.com.hk or +852 3695 5184 for the opportunity.