FP&A plays a key business advisory role supporting decision making at a senior level, highlighting key financial issues and risks to be considered. FP&A's responsibilities are the financial support for the strategic plan; run future financial projections; budgeting, forecasting, reporting and control of the P&L; cash flow and capital adequacy management; scenario analysis and risk management support; and project reporting and investment appraisal.
A key responsibility for the role is to lead and develop the FP&A team through effective performance management techniques to enable achievement of business and personal objectives.
Financial and business strategy
- Communicate financial strategy issues and recommended changes to senior management and the Board.
- Support and contribute to the production of the five-year business plan and financial strategy.
- Monitor adherence to the Financial Strength outcomes set out in the five-year business plan - recommending improvements to the plan.
- Provide the Board with relevant and timely information to enable it to assess performance against the Group's strategy and objectives.
- Develop financial KPIs which will be used to assess the success of both the business and the financial strategy.
- Analyse competitor and market financial information to provide insight to assist with decision making.
Business performance reporting
- Track performance against key targets and outcomes and produce regular corporate level management information to all senior management and the Board.
- Ensure that all routine management information is produced in a timely manner, contains reliable information which has been agreed by key stakeholders.
- Produce regular financial reporting to give an overview of business and financial performance.
- Highlight trends, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to help ensure the Finance Department is well informed and has a strong voice in the organisation.
Forecasting, cash flow analysis & capital adequacy projections
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of
- the Group's products and services.
- Project manage end-to-end delivery of financial forecasting processes, including communications, timetables, and data requirements.
- Creation of quarterly financial forecasts to be used by the Business Partners, senior management and the Board.
- Use the output of financial models and analysis of trends to drive decision making and communicate relevant messages across the business.
- Ensure the integrity of financial models and projections through implementation of suitable controls, documentation and testing.
- Produce professional reports and presentations summarising the forecasts for senior management and the Board.
- Work with the MIS team to provide intelligence to the business in terms of converting data into meaningful information to make decisions.
- Present information to external parties
Project reporting & investment appraisal
- Coordinate the capital spending review process for the Group. This will include the team modelling the financial impact of significant business change proposals/plans.
- Aid in the creation and development of ad hoc financial models and analysis to assist and support strategic initiatives and business cases.
- Lead the financial modelling and due diligence efforts related to the Group's acquisition activities - including bulk transfer business into our pension schemes.
- Scenarios and risk management
- Lead scenario modelling to assess risks and aid decision making.
- Regularly review the methodology used to assess our risk capital requirements used for measuring the Financial Strength of the Group.
- Aid risk management and decision making through scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Ownership and management of strategic financial risks.
- Actively manage relevant risks within the Finance function.
- Management and Leadership
- Lead the FP&A team, including staff recruitment, staff development, performance management and task management.
- Proactively contribute to plans and priorities for the department.
- Interact with (and when necessary be a member of) the senior management.
- Identify, develop and retain future talent to support business growth.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working in FMCG manufacturingindustry preferable but not limited as long as you can handle the pace
- Working at Executive level, and preferably experience at Board level in terms of report writing and presentations
- Management of professional finance teams
- Building detailed models and forecasts in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Organised and able to lead a team and organise the teams' workload
- Proactive and positive change agent
- Strong financial modelling and analytic skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to think independently and draw conclusions
- A team player who can work with stakeholder in other functions to achieve objectives.
- Overseas working experience will be an added advantange
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.