About Our Client
Our client is a global leading automotive company based in Germany. They have 17 plants around the world and Thailand is one of their busiest manufacturing hubs with strong plant performance. They are now looking for a Financial Controller to join dynamic team in Chonburi.
The Financial Controller will work closely with the management on all aspects of the financial operations of the factory including but not limited to explaining the costs of manufacturing products; identification of cost savings and operational efficiency opportunities in order for Management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of the business. This role is a key member of the leadership team in the facility and will be expected to be integral to non-financial KPI delivery as well, by understanding, supporting and challenging the other functions as required.
- Partner with all members of the site leadership team to ensure ownership and accountability of financial performance, while identifying process improvement and cost reduction opportunities across all plant related cost categories (materials; labor; equipment; indirect purchases; and inventory);
- Preparation of all weekly, period end operational performance reports with comments and recommendation for corrective action;
- Responsible for Month End period closing, and associated balance sheet management, accruals and purchase order reconciliation;
- Ensure strong process adherence across the plant for all relevant metrics including, but not limited to Inventory Control and Risk Management, Cycle Counting Accuracy, Inventory Obsolescence, Vendor Payment Management and Customer Billing (AP and AR are centralized, but the plant processes are key to a smooth operation). The financial controller is expected to understand the processes sufficiently to support the operation of them, and whilst not responsible for day to day completion, they are the site gatekeeper to ensure compliance.
- Capital Projects Performance Reporting (linking in with Meat Divisional Capital resource);
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting required
- CPA or equivalent is desired but not required
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, ERP and Accounting Systems and experience with performance-based measurement highly desired. Good knowledge of Excel and associated systems is essential
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail, good communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills while handling multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Prior experience with long term strategic planning, investing analysis, acquisition, capital, cost management, capital reporting, budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, financial reporting, managing fixed assets, closing the books, processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, budgeting, intercompany allocations, year-end audit and technical accounting are all highly desired
- Experience in commercial and manufacturing (automotive, electronics etc.) very beneficial, but not required.
- Experience leading people.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.