About Our Client
A global consumer goods and retail company is now looking for a new Finance & Accounting Manager to lead their team in Bangkok. They are the world's number 1 manufacturer and distributor of the products of specialization with strong performance and stability despite Covid19.
The role will be reporting to APAC Finance Director in Suzhou, China (UK national) and Thailand Country Manager. You will be managing a team of 10 accountants and lead the process implementation process as well as ensure compliance and smooth operations.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the team activities with investing, banking, insurance, security and other financial activities
- Leads the management and preparation of forecasting for income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assists upper management in the planning, organizing and managing of the annual financial planning processes
- Drives process and continuous improvement to increase overall quality and efficiency of analysis, which includes proactive modeling and analysis tools
- Analyzes product line profit and loss statements, including cost of sales and operating expenses
- Ensures the integrity of financial records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by business needs
- Manages staff selection, performance, development and training processes to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Big4 experience with CPA is an advantage
- 10 years of work experience in a similar role, with retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles
- Solid team development and management skills to enable the creation of a highly capable team
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively explain complex information to others
- Strong analytical and independent problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results, projections and mine through data
- Proficient with SAP, Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.