Our client is a well- recognised global brand that has grown its operations across the Region. Due to this significant growth it is now seeking to appoint an experienced Company Secretary to join their dynamic Secretarial and Governance Function
Reporting to the Global Company Secretary, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a number of governance and secretarial functions across the region . Advising key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, this role will, formulate and implement policies and processes across the Group on a range of subject matters
The Role Responsibility:
* Lead and provide corporate governance support and advice to the Company's management, directors and other stakeholders.
* Lead the scoping of the future state of company secretarial support for the Company as it develops within its Risk Management Framework.
* Establish and maintain frameworks to identify, assess, manage, monitor, mitigate and report corporate governance risks related to the Company.
* Promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to all corporate secretariat Policies and Standards.
* Provide advice to the management team on Board, Board Committee, EXCO agenda to ensure the Directors and Company management have appropriate information for decision making.
* Lead and coordinate the organization and preparation of papers and business for Board Meetings and Committees of the Board. Including management level EXCO meetings.
* Accurately record minutes
* Organize the Annual General Meeting(s) of the Company.
* Maintain succession plan for Board and Committee members.
* Lead the process to appoint and re-new Directors, including the induction, continuous education and development and engagement with the Company.
* Update the corporate governance systems including Blueprint.
* Manage the requirements to file reports or events with MAS and ACRA.
* Monitor and ensure compliance with the MAS and ACRA governance requirements.
* Coordinate and finalization and lodgement of the Financial Statements with auditors.
* Support and organization of offsite board meetings, directors' training and engagement, D&O Insurance, Directors' fees and allowance and travelling for the directors. .
* Be a trusted adviser to the Directors and their key point of contact for all corporate governance and Board-related matters.
* Deliver a tailored induction programme to all newly appointed directors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* A qualified Chartered Secretary (8-15 years) with in-depth company secretarial technical knowledge and experience, ideally working within financial services or a fast-paced Singapore company of substantial size and complexity.
* Demonstrated excellence in corporate governance administration and advice, including business advisory support as a Company Secretary or legal adviser. Demonstrated minute taking quality and matters arising administration.
* Strong IT skills (including Office 365, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
* Knowledge and understanding of the MAS regulatory environment, corporate governance laws, regulations and rules would be preferred but not essential.
* Ability to understand and anticipate the needs of stakeholders.
* Ability to manage a board of directors and an executive committee.
* Working knowledge of "Blueprint one world", or a similar database.
Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License No. 16S8105
Williams Neil Martin
EA Reg No: R2197347