Candidate is responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R and A/P.
He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
- Is responsible to ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management (excluding inventory related items) and royalty management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Coordinates and oversees the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
- Serves as the local resource for all Sarbanes Oxley questions regarding methodology and SOX software use and training.
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service groups.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
- Will have direct management responsibility of the following: General Accountants, Credit Manager & Accounts Payable/Billing Supervisor
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification
- 15 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a manufacturing multinational business.
- Manager experience in public accounting will satisfy experience requirement.
- Prior management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.