My client is a large global bank in Singapore currently hiring a Business Analyst (12 months contract)
You will be required to have experience in collateral management and margin reform in the banking domain.
- Perform in-depth analysis around key operations problems and opportunity areas, to determine strategic solutions / proposals - focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction and regulatory compliance
- Maintain a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution. Identify risks & issues and communicate them to the relevant people in a timely manner - assist with proposing & planning mitigating steps
- Perform detailed analysis of specific aspects of the collateral program and regulatory change scope, propose relevant solutions and translate into clear User Stories
- Liaise with development and test teams to ensure that Requirements are understood & implemented correctly
- Support technical and user testing, for example helping to organize test data, troubleshooting data quality or functional queries.
- Pro-actively engage, manage & build relationships with both technology (including vendors) & business stakeholders
- Strong hands-on experience in Unix/Shell Scripting, SQL/Database - Proficiency in understanding the application architecture
- Strong Dev Ops background or experience in Continuous Integration
- Support the test team & business users during the testing phase by making design decisions & assisting in issue analysis & resolution
- Support the transition to the production support team
- Provide 2nd line support and business analysis services to Front Office and Operations staff and resolve application issues from a development and solution perspective.
- Mentor junior analysts and take the lead on workstreams where necessary, aligning and working within the relevant project structure and reporting to the respective Project Manager.
- The ability to document clear and precise business requirements and marry this to the appropriate technology solution and present this for approval to technology counterparts, is essential.
- Experience in a role on design and implementation of large scale complex system development is essential.
- In particular, a track record of documenting functional solution designs of completeness, high quality and with no ambiguity, is essential.
- Experience of supporting technical end user testing, including parallel run, is essential.
- Experience of the Settlement process is highly desirable.
- Experience of Trade Lifecycle is highly desirable.
- Experience of regulatory projects (eg DFA/EMIR Trade Reporting, Volcker, FATCA) is highly desirable.
- Project knowledge of collateral management business process is desirable.
- Experience of Murex/Algo or any Collateral Management System is desirable.
- Exposure to Derivatives front office exposure, middle and back office processes (trade validation, fixing, settlements, accounting, confirmation, clearing), FO/BO exchange integration, SWIFT messaging and integration, are all highly desirable for the longer term expectations for this role.
- Knowledge of Oracle DB, including database queries, is desirable.
- Experience of Jira and Confluence desirable.
- Experience of agile development methodologies desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please feel free to drop me a message and send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.