About Our Client
A key life insurance client in Malaysia is looking to build an Actuarial Centre of Excellence in Malaysia. With a focus on transformation, automation and technical delivery. They are looking to recruit a number of Actuarial candidates who has experience within Life Insurance to be based in their flagship offices.
- Support hiring and training of analysts.
- Lead common actuarial model implementations for Wave 2 LBUs and onwards for each line of business.
- Expand the common framework/pilot build as necessary and implement + test the Common Actuarial Model (CAM) to replace existing models, either Prophet-to-Prophet or Prophet-to-alternative.
- Support LBUs in updating common actuarial models already in production.
- Deliver on Quick Wins requests from LBUs related to actuarial modelling or technical end of reporting developments.
- Support testing of model build activity led by consulting teams.
- Graduated in mathematics, physics, actuarial, or computer science.
- 2-6 years' experience in actuarial modelling for Mid Level
- Over 8 years' experience for Manager or Senior Manager position
- Previous involvement in BU modelling team, modelling CoE, or reporting team with modelling responsibilities.
- Ideally, experience with Prophet.
- Proficient in maintaining and ideally building actuarial models from scratch.
- Involvement in results production.
- Strong understanding and ability to communicate about selected Life products and cash flow modelling for valuation.
- Some team/project management experience desirable for Manager or Senior Manager position
- Kuala Lumpur, with over 60% office attendance
If you are a proactive and skilled Actuarial Modelling Specialist looking for a challenging opportunity, we invite you to apply and contribute to our dynamic team.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.